Before you assume, try this method called 'Asking"

Thursday, February 12, 2015

Dental student. First semester. Mahsa University

Well, I thought maybe some STPM or A Level or foundation or any of it's equivalent students are still wondering what is it like to be a dental student, especially a dental student here in Malaysia's IPTS(Mahsa University). First of all, I might as well introduce my dental faculty. Right now, our faculty is located at Pusat Bandar Damansar(PBD) but we are going to move to Saujana Putra soon. Here, most of the dental lecturers are from other countries but nevertheless, qualified lecturers.

In my first semester, I have to take 4 subjects; Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry and Dental Anatomy but there are also other dental subjects such as Dental Public Health and Prosthodontics that were taught during our first year because the subjects are too broad to be covered in just one year.

The lectures are given quite as expected, almost similar to A level only with more students but the most significant difference is the amount of histo labs(anatomy and dental anatomy) and also all the exciting(except prostho) labs. I have done some wax carving classes(I'm an artisan! lol), some simulation lab for conservatives and impression making for prosthetics(not fun). Oh! Did I mention that I'm an artist too? (LOL) I've been drawing and colouring all those histo slides like there's no tomorrow.(Ok, a bit exeggeration there) For the medical part, physiology is the most exciting with ECG and blood pressure practicals. Anatomy as expected, lots of remembering weird names.

A tooth out of wax!

Draw and draw and draw and draw.
And after all these fun, of course, my sem one examination. Wish me luck!
Till then. :)

17 comments:

  1. Hello Amira,I would like to ask you a few questions regarding to mahsa and jpa.I wish to continue my study in DDS and I am Bursary2012 recipient.
    Q1:I received a provisional offer letter from Mahsa dds and they request me to pay registration fee of RM2600,can I claim it back from jpa?
    Q2:I am required to attend an interview and can you please tell me about it.What is the English requirement to enrol into this programme?
    Q3:Did jpa sponsored your accommodation?if yes then which kind of room?
    Q4:Is the food there nice?
    Q5:How much is the monthly allowance?Is it enough for us to survive in KL?
    Sorry if I ask too many questions as I am very nervous about my future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Q1:nope, not claimable
      Q2:I attended an interview which was quite a pleasent experience. Nothing intimidating, only stuffs like why dentistry, about yourself, etc. for english, I'm not sure, sorry.
      Q3:nope, we pay our own accommodation
      Q4:food is nice and there are lots of malls nearby.
      Q5:not sure for your batch but well, i'm alive and well. Not malnourished or whatsoever, so I think the monthly allowance is enough(if u are not picky with you stuff at least)

      Delete
    2. Thank you really much for your reply.Hope that I can be your junior😄

      Delete
  2. Hi there! How many subajects did you take in A Levels? Is it easy to get into Mahsa for dentistry? Were you a MOE Scholar before ( I mean for A Level)? Thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took 4 subjects; bio, chem, physics and maths. I'm not sure if it's easy or not but you have to apply early and I've heard lots of people declined a place because they're late. But I think the interview will determine it now. Moe scholar? I'm a bursary recipient for spm2011 so I guess yes, because for pre-u it's under moe and if we do everyhing right, jpa will continue to sponsor us for degree

      Delete
    2. Yes, I'm a bursary recipient for spm2013. Thanks for your reply!!

      Delete
  3. I am planning to pursue at Mahsa. Is it a good choice

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am planning to pursue Mahsa. Is it a good choice?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What do you wanna know? Academically saying, all is good. Great lecturer and quite strict exams.

      Delete
  5. May I ask where you had your A-level before entering MAHSA? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. May I ask where you had your A-level before entering MAHSA? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, I'm Foundation student from mahsa. I just wanna ask did you applIED for any scholarship or ptptn? Hope you can reply my message soon. Below is my email address, hope to receive mail from you as soon as possible
    isaaclee102@gmail.com
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haii i’m sorry to bother you but please can i pm you? I need to know further details about mahsa university and my interview is coming up this tuesday. Do you have any social media?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hye. Are you still active on this acc? May i ask for the interview session precisely? What kind of questions will be given ? Is there any candidate unable to pursue study at mahsa bcause of failure in that interview?

    ReplyDelete